Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Fun Begins

Hot-off-the-press copies of Tim and Tom: An American Comedy in Black and White have just shown up at the authors' doors, and though the official publication date is still more than two weeks away, they will be appearing in bookstores shortly. Tim and Tom have been gratified by the early buzz in the press and by the enthusiastic reaction from people in the entertainment business who read advance copies. When so many tough critics tell you the book made them laugh out loud and shed real tears, you know you've accomplished what you set out to do.

Tim and Tom have been conducting dozens of interviews and you'll be seeing and hearing the results soon. Already, the book has been featured in an item in Page Six of the New York Post and Stella Foster's column in the Chicago Sun-Times, and next week the Chicago Reader will run a lengthy excerpt of some of its A material. Coming up are appearances on Tom Joyner's radio show, David Letterman's and Tavis Smiley's television shows and many more. Check the Appearances link on the Web site to see when Tim and Tom will be at an event near you.

We hope you'll enjoy checking out the various features of the Web site, and offer our thanks to Rebecca Rapoport for all her hard work designing it. Don't miss the vintage recordings of some classic Tim and Tom routines. They'll soon be available on brand new CDs along with autographed copies of the book at the Tim & Tom Store link. If you have any comments on the book, or want to leave a message for Tim and Tom, this blog is the place to do it. And check back often for updates. When Tim and Tom hit the road for their publicity tour that begins Sept. 15 in Chicago, we'll be filing regular reports.

1 comment:

Roy K said...

Hi Tom I am a old Harvey white boy. The first time I Saw you perform was at Thornton H.S. Your act was great your message was to stay away from drugs. Thanks allthough I did not adhere to the message I can say I am clean and sober today and your message allways stayed with me. I also remember you from the Harvy pool hall and hanging out there with the Beavers and Richard and Greg Smith.
I am presently on vacation here in St. Simons GA sending this blog from my iPhone so for me it is very difacult to type. I wish I could have met you in Naperville at the book store. Maybe next time. Good luck with your tour.

Roy Koch