Monday, October 20, 2008

Three Thousand Italians Can't Be Wrong

Tim and Tom wound up an exciting weekend in the nation's capital Saturday night on the dais of the National Italian American Foundation's annual gala banquet at which Tom was the emcee.
"I'm making Tim an honorary Sicilian tonight," Tom told the audience, which included such heavy hitters as Rudy Giuliani, Nancy Pelosi, Samuel Alito, Barbara Sinatra, Gina Lollobrigida, Michael Andretti, Ray (Boom Boom) Mancini and many more. "Right now, his name is Tim Reidoni."
Earlier that day, Tim and Tom appeared at a booth at the NIAF trade show where they signed the book for a steady stream of customers, including Tom's old pal, Yogi Berra.
"To Yogi," they wrote. "Whenever we come to a fork in the road, we take it."
Soon, Berra became an impromptu salesman, telling everyone who asked if they could have their picture taken with him, "Sure. You want to buy a book?"
Tom also performed at a tribute to Frank Sinatra on Friday night and he and Tim appeared Thursday before an enthusiastic crowd of students at Tim's alma mater, Norfolk State University, and, later, at Vertigo Books in College Park, Maryland.
Then on Sunday, after four weeks on the road talking about their book, they headed home for some well-deserved rest. You'll still be able to see, hear and read about them in interviews they have given to many national media outlets and in December they'll be back in Chicago for a number of appearances, including one at the Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce. We'll be back with more details soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom/Tim...It was great meeting you at NIAf this past weekend. It was a joy taking a picture with you guys as you were signing the book I bought. However, I must be going senile, as I told Tim I have been in radio for 40 years, and work now at a news-talk station that has a magazine talk show format, why I didnt give you my card I will never know, oh yea, going senile. Anyway if you want to schedule a phoner for a station in southwest Florida......bluckhardt@hotmail.com

Marilee said...

Hello Tim and Tom,
You'll never guess who I am, therefore, I will tell you, Eloise Treadwell (Treadwater). I was elated when a friend of mine saw your article in the newspaper and remembered that I opened a show for you at Playboy's in Lake Geneva,Wisconsin. We are excited about your book and the store that we visited only had one book remaining and since she was the one that read the article, that book was hers. I will find another one as the internet has many places that have the book. I have so many things to speak to the two of you, some good some not so good, but that is what life is about. However, we've made it through it all. I lived in New Orleans for awhile, that is until Hurricanes Katrina/Rita swept through there and instantly I learned real fast how to swim all the way back to Harvey. Give me a shovel and some snow; forget that hot weather Mardi Gras stuff.
There's so much to talk about. I would like very much to meet with the two of you and possibly give you some material for your act. Call me when you have a few minutes.

Truly Yours,

Eloisen Treadwell, Treadwater
Eloise.Golden@sbcglobal.net
(708) 333-0884

P.S. I can still sing. I don't know if you remember the group, The Tree T'S, Treadwell, Treadwell, Talbert. That is my brother myself, and Harold Talbert. We still do all of the oldies. Contact me.

Joe Keeley said...

Tim & Tom, I learned tonight you were the first B&W comedy act - kudo's.

Your article on CNN was terrific, it will (and should) change racial comedy for the better. It still has it's place, I think it helps bridge different races, but the President-Elect may up the anny - instead of simple slang and stereotype jokes, they may require more thought and creativity.

Tim: Congrats on seeing OUR first black President!

Tom: Thank God he's not Italian!

Note to self: Thank God he's not Irish either.

Joe Keeley (100% Irish)